Local Virtual Servers – Hosted by Seacom
Seacom's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is delivered using Microsoft computing platform and solution stack as a Cloud service on a fully redundant server infrastructure environment. The hosted platform allows for application deployment and hosting in the Cloud without laboring the user with the cost and complexity of buying and managing the underlying hardware and software.
Seacom’s, pay-for-use billing model allows for a scalable infrastructure whether up, down or even out to meet business demands without capitalizing infrastructure and software that may go un-used because of changing business or technical needs.
WHAT IS PaaS?
Platform as a Service (PaaS) is the delivery of operating systems and associated resources over the Internet. PaaS is sometimes called “Cloudware” because it moves resources from privately owned computers into the Cloud.
With PaaS, operating system features can be changed and upgraded frequently. Geographically distributed development teams can work together on software development projects. Services can be obtained from diverse sources that cross international boundaries. Initial and on-going costs can be reduced by the use of infrastructure services from a single vendor, rather than maintaining multiple hardware facilities that often perform duplicate functions or suffer from incompatibility problems.
Overall expenses can also be minimized by unification of programming development efforts. PaaS can provide greater speed, flexibility, and agility to the development process. By providing a predictable, heterogeneous application infrastructure, organizations don’t get bogged down with enabling applications and can quickly meet the needs of customers.
PaaS helps to do the following:
• Enable faster time to market by allowing development teams to focus on the application
• Enhance ability to react to changes and opportunities because the organization doesn’t have large up-front costs associated with typical application development and deployment
• Spread capital investments further, which allows a company to be more competitive
• Only resources which are allocated are charged for
• Access anywhere and at any time via an internet enabled computer
• No additional expenditure on hardware, software, administration, infrastructure & maintenance
• Improve productivity of teams in different geo- locations, as they work and collaborate on a single centralized platform
• Guaranteed 99.9% uptime according to SLA standards which promotes reliability, availability and performance
• Secure environment
• Use existing skills to focus on applications creating value for your users.